Want Leadership Success? Make Sure Your EQ is as High as Your IQ!
Webinar, Friday, June 8, 2012, Noon - 1:00 pm
What’s the # 1 Predictor of Personal & Professional Success? Emotional Intelligence (EI)! Studies have shown that as much as 40% of an individual’s success can be attributed to their Emotional Intelligence! Unlike IQ, your “EQ” can be developed and enhanced. But first you need to know what it is, where to begin and what to work on.
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to recognize, understand and manage your emotions, and the emotions of others, to achieve YOUR desired outcome. The vast majority of our professional and personal life involves interaction with other people.
- EQ is necessary for success: Many independent academic research studies have shown that 25-50% of all job success can be attributed to EQ
- EQ is imperative for leadership effectiveness: studies attribute as much as 85-90% of leadership success to emotional intelligence
- EQ accounts for at least 40% of the positive variance in superior team performance among otherwise equivalent groups
The Good News: Unlike IQ, Emotional Intelligence skills can be learned. Those who develop their EQ skills see significant job performance improvement and career advancement.
This presentation provides a great introduction to the rich topic of EI, designed for those looking for an overview of the topic and some tips/techniques to put into action immediately.
We will cover:
- What is EQ and why does it matter?
- 5 Steps of an Emotionally Intelligent event
- 15 Elements of EQ with tips, examples and enhancement strategies for leaders
Who should attend? Anyone who:
- Works with people!
- Wants ideas to work on the EI skills they personally need to develop
- Knows they’re smart, but isn’t where they want to be – personally or professionally!
About the Speaker
Elene Cafasso is a professionally trained Executive and Personal Coach, and President of Enerpace, Inc. Enerpace helps leaders focus on what really matters, while growing themselves, their team and their bottom line. Elene works with leaders to achieve their objectives in the areas most critical to their success: leadership development, team building, professional communication and organizational effectiveness.
Elene’s background has prepared her well for this work. She holds an MBA in Marketing and Finance from the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business. She spent 14 years in the Corporate world, holding positions at the Director level and above in both the banking and telecommunications industries.
Ms. Cafasso is also professionally trained as a coach, having graduated from CTI (The Coaches Training Institute), one of the only programs accredited by the International Coach Federation, the governing body of the coaching profession. She is certified by the International Coach Federation and a member of the International Association of Coaches, Coachville and the Chicago Coaching Alliance.
Elene is also proud to serve on the UCWBG Board of Directors.